This year The Boston Home is 135 years old! We hope you will celebrate with us by supporting the signature services and programs that make our Home a vibrant and inspiring place for our residents and outpatients. Medicaid, our main funder, does not cover the programs and services which are at the core of our mission: to help residents and outpatients lead independent, creative and purposeful lives.
The services and programs that depend on your support include:
- On-the-spot wheelchair repairs and customizations for safe, comfortable mobility and independence.
- Training in iPad and smart phone use for vital connection with family, friends and the world wide web!
- BFit! A wellness and socialization day program for connection and support.
- Providing iPads for the resident organized iPad group.
- 365 days a year of activities including: watercolor classes, TBH art show, outings to Fenway to cheer on the Red Sox, visits to the MFA to enjoy an exhibition or trips to the Huntington Theatre for a matinee.
This year your charitable donation will be doubled thanks to the generosity of a major donor. We are thrilled that all donations up to a total of $20,000 will be matched. We are well on our way to this goal, but only have until December 31, 2016 to get it done. We count on your generosity to help us provide these vital services and programs.
Director of Development